7.22.2022

questions I ask myself


Why do I tap my fingers incessantly? Usually to the rhythm of the last song I heard. Am I nervous? Or do I have too much energy and it creeps out of my extremities? 

Do directors always cast Tom Hanks in comforting roles because he is that way in real life? I find myself watching movies he's in when I am sick.  

Why do I constantly buy fresh ginger, only to let it wrinkle away in the basket above my microwave? 

Why do I not read for weeks and then I'll suddenly feel the urge and finish three books in a month? 

Why do I refurbish chairs I find on the side of the road, spray-painting them and wood glue-ing them, instead of buying sturdy new ones? 

Why did it take me two years to buy a white bandeau to go under the white dress I bought in Nashville? 

Why didn't I stick up for myself to the roommate who lost my seasoned cast iron skillet? 

Why do I like dark chocolate hagelslag so much? 

Why do I like the gentle petals of a cosmos in full bloom? 



No comments:

Post a Comment