7.31.2022

template for a Sabbath


I just experienced the most perfect Sunday. 

It started with biking to church. It takes a little under half an hour and it's mostly through lazy neighborhood streets. And today was cloudy, so it didn't feel as blazing hot as it's been lately. 

When the priest mentioned Dallas Willard, he had my attention. During the passing of the peace, I met another Wheaton grad. It's a small church, but lovely community. Someone gave me a high five for wearing my helmet while I biked. 

I met one of my dearest friends for lunch at Mea Culpa. Good conversation and cappuccino. I flipped through cookbooks and read some of Art & Faith while she read her own book. 

I dropped by her apartment to borrow a tube pan for my next baking project, then went to buy groceries. Called another friend to celebrate her recent engagement. 

At home, I organized my fridge, and wrote out a meal plan for the week. Chilled on the sofa for a tad, then peeled myself off said sofa to make stuffed poblano peppers. Did I mention it started raining outside? Made for quite the cozy afternoon. 

I finished a beer while washing the full sink of dishes. 

After facetiming with my pops and messaging some friends, I brewed iced tea. Inspired by the basil at the store, I concocted a Basil Blueberry Honey Green Tea. Lengthy name, delicious flavor. 

This day had all the elements that rejuvenate me: 

- physical exercise

- spiritual centering

- connecting with someone new 

- time / connection with people I love

- time alone

- creating something new I haven't made before

- caring for myself / planning for the days ahead 

- healthy food 

No comments:

Post a Comment