4.21.2022

early spring

 








All around me, the earth is exploding in new life. Hues of greens in the trees and bushes. Japanese cherry blossoms, white and yellow daffodils, purple and red tulips, azaleas all over the place. 

But my life is suddenly empty. 
The contrast is stark. 

I'm grieving, so I'm reticent to fill it up right away. I want to leave space for this season to be what it needs to be. So I leave the tv off, I let my thoughts go where they will. And then, I pick myself up, dry the daily tears, and remind myself of what I know to be true. 

I am given the opportunity to trust.

To trust that all shall be made well. 
To trust that silence will give birth to song.
To trust that barrenness will one day produce fruit. 
And to trust that this time is not wasted, and I am growing even in ways I cannot see. 
I am not forgotten (and neither are you). 



No comments:

Post a Comment