4.17.2018

i get to live this life

a blurry lemon at 211 1/2

A wasp sting on my thigh. A plethora of miscommunications and finally being honest. Going to church just so I can stand next to my dad and hear his booming baritone voice sing "it is well with my soul." Trying out a new routine - read for an hour every evening, play and write music for an hour every morning.

I get to live this life, I get to breathe this cool spring air, I get to pick the tulips I planted three months ago and place them on the table my dad crafted last fall.

I get to plant seed in my garden, to hang ferns on my front porch, to trust that all will be made well.

I get to choose hope, today.

     "Each day that is given to you is full of the shy graciousness of divine tenderness...
      Each day is a secret story woven around the radiant heart of wonder."
      [John O'Donahue, Eternal Echoes]



No comments:

Post a Comment